* The bailouts are causing HIGHER mortgage rates for consumers
* The government's commercial paper buying spree is INCREASING the cost of borrowing
* Arbitrary interventions by the government (AIG rescued, Lehman left to fail) create chaos in the markets. Indeed, every time Paulson, Bernanke or Bush speak, the stock market tanks.
* They also undermine consumer confidence. For example, consumer confidence is now at an "all-time low", due partly to "increasing uncertainty about the government’s rescue plan".
* The bailouts are drastically increasing America's debt and causing other problems