Everything in this article is designed to portray Iran as the bad guy, even the carefully chosen photo of their spokesman caught in a smirk.
To read this article, you would think Iran was on the verge of nuking the rest of the world. That is, of course, the intention.
But the hard facts remain...
1. Iran, which like the US has signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, has a legal right to build nuclear power stations and to construct the fuel rods for those power stations.
2. Nobody has produced any evidence that Iran is doing anything else with its nuclear research than building power stations. All 16 of the United States Intelligence Agencies are unanimous in concluding that Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program and has not had one going back to at least 2003.
3. George Bush has decided to ignore all 16 US Intelligence agencies and rely on Israel for all intelligence regarding Iran's plans. This despite ...
4. Israel made the same accusations against Iraq, then bombed the power station at Osirik claiming it concealed a clandestine weapons factory. An examination of the ruins following the US invasion of Iraq failed to produce any evidence to support Israel's claims.
5. Israel, through its spy operation inside the Pentagon provided much of the now-discredited claims that Saddam had nuclear and biological weapons in the run up to the invasion in 2003.
6. Of all the nations in the Middle East, only one nation is known to have a (formerly) clandestine weapons factory under a supposedly peaceful reactor and that is Israel itself.
What Iran has actually said is that they anticipate a US attack on Iran since Iran (like Iraq and Afghanistan) does not actually have nuclear weapons and is therefore an easy target. In response to such an unprovoked attack, Iran will strike back where it can, closing off the flow of oil to the rest of the world.
If I were Iran, watching Israel whip the US into a pit-bull frenzy to send after my people, I would probably do the same.