The EU is investigating reports of exploding iPhones and iPods, it was reported last night.
There are reports of iPods allegedly exploding or catching fire in Britain, France, Holland and Sweden.
Earlier this month an iPod Touch belonging to Ellie Stanborough, an 11-year-old girl from Liverpool, apparently blew up.
Her father complained at the time that he dropped the music player after it over-heated.
'It made a hissing noise,' he said. 'I could feel it getting hotter in my hand and I thought I could see vapour.'
He threw the music player out of his back door and 'within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff of smoke and it went 10ft in the air'.