Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, has warned Israel of “military escalation” in the Gaza Strip after an airstrike on the besieged enclave left at least one dead and three others wounded.
The movement’s spokesman, Sami Abu Zuhri, said in a Wednesday statement that “the Israeli occupation is fully responsible for the recent aggression on the Gaza Strip.”
"Hamas movement warns the Israeli occupation of escalating this aggression," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Palestinian Health Ministry said a 31-year-old man, identified as Musa Abu Zuaiter, had been killed in an Israeli airstrike on the town of Beit Lahia in Gaza, while three others had sustained injuries.
Senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil said the Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians amount to the regime playing with fire.